Saturday 9 March 2013

Made in Dagenham.

Film: Made in Dagenham.
Director: Nigel Cole.

Not the sort of film that I would usually watch but it totally drew my attention and I enjoyed it much to my own surprise!

The whole equal rights movement is something that has never really interested me but it was fascinating to learn about it and how it came from the average working girl and ended up changing the way we live today.
I never understood the whole political side of issues when I studied History in school but this subject enthralled me and I loved the character Rita!

I have two favourite scenes! First, was when Eddie is telling Rita that he doesn't drink, gamble or raise a hand to her or the kids and that basically she should be grateful. Rita responds it should be a right not a privilege to be looked after by her husband/boyfriend.
Secondly, is when Eddie follows Rita to where she is speaking and apologises and says he listened to what she said and he agrees and supports her.
It seems very..fantastical but it is a true story and I'm glad there are people out there who can admit when they are wrong and make changes!

Overall, I'd give Made in Dagenham: 8/10.

A good film, I enjoyed it but definitely one you have to be in the right mood to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment