Saturday 9 March 2013

Oz the Great and Powerful.

Film: Oz the Great and Powerful.
Director: Sam Raimi.

Before seeing this, I had only seen one short trailer for it and wasn't really that interested in seeing the film but my boyfriend wanted to go and so I agreed...and I'm so glad I did! It was a surprisingly good, very interesting film!
I loved all the little snippets and hints to The Wizard of Oz that were throughout the movie it was a real throwback!

I really enjoyed the storyline and all the characters that appeared especially Finley the monkey!

My favourite character was probably Mila Kunis' character Theodora..though I really struggled to not think of Meg Griffin all the way through!

My favourite scene was when Oz, Finley and the China Girl are going to steal the wand from Glinda and Finley makes a surprising noise!

Overall, I'd give Oz the Great and Powerful: 9/10.

A very interesting film which made me think of Pandora, the world in Avatar.

No comments:

Post a Comment