Monday 12 November 2012

Cast Away

Film: Cast Away
Director: Robert Zemeckis

So, I was informed by my boyfriend that my film knowledge was severely lacking and I had to watch Cast Away. So, I did!
It was brilliant! I loved it and I can't believe I never watched it before!

I absolutely adored the connection between Chuck and Wilson, especially when he kicks him out of the cave and nearly loses him. And his total relief when he finds him again by the rock.
When we see Chuck to begin with his is totally ruled by his possessions and his work but when he comes back from the Island the change in him is astounding. He focuses on Kelly and how much he owes her for helping keep him alive on the Island.
I love how he collected the FedEx boxes in the beginning and stored them in two separate piles and then how he gives in and opens all but one which he later returns and leaves a note saying how it saved his life.

Best scene was when he loses Wilson and has to choose between his life and his raft and Wilson. I cried when he was calling for him and he was behind him and I kept saying "Turn around! Turn around!". Without a doubt the best scene.

Overall, I'd give Cast Away: 10/10!
Fantastic film, I would definitely watch it again and thank you to Dave for educating me!

No comments:

Post a Comment