Sunday 14 October 2012

Snow White And The Huntsman

Film: Snow White And The Huntsman
Director: Rupert Sanders.

As soon as I saw the trailer for this film I was desperate to see it and I was not disappointed! Although I'm not Kristen Stewart's biggest fan, kudos to her for this film. Between her, the ruggedly handsome Chris Hemsworth - whos accent was amazing - and Charlize Theron's amazingly terrifying portrayl of Ravenna the film was amazing. I wish I had gone to see it in the cinema instead of waiting for it to come out on DVD. The plot line although a little bit gappy was easy to follow and the scenery was beautiful. Having got to the end of the film it occurred to me that Kristen had about 10 lines throughout the entire film but it didn't detract. Negatively, there was little background given on the Huntsman or William, although we find out about the Huntsman later on in the film he seems a bit of a mystery. The same goes for William, we see him in the beginning with Snow White and then after Ravenna's take over...poof. Until he magically arrives to attempt to save the day. If you removed William from the film..it wouldn't be a big loss. Without a doubt Charlize and Kristen made this movie. And despite it's flaws I adored it and will definitely be keeping it and watching it again. The mix of drama and action fascinated me! Overall, I would give Snow White And The Huntsman: 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment