Wednesday 6 February 2013

Resident Evil: Retribution.

Film: Resident Evil: Retribution.
Director: Paul W.S. Anderson.

I saw this in the cinema in 3D when it came out and I was very excited to buy it on DVD and I'm not in the least bit ashamed to say that I watched it while wearing my brand new Umbrella Corp hoody courtesy of my wonderful boyfriend!

The first 4 minutes of this film is utterly awesome, it is my favourite scene without a doubt. It was done so cleverly and I love the fact we see it again, a little later on as well! The entire scene is a fantastic battle scene which continues on directly from Resident Evil: Afterlife..except it's backwards. The whole scene is played backwards in the first four minutes and then, a short while later it is played forwards. Totally awesome!

I love the relationship between Alice and Becky, it's nice to see Alice acting more human and I love the sign language! The reappearances of characters from previous movies which I enjoyed and didn't expect.

The ending shocked me a little bit, I wasn't expecing it to be so...industrial. I'm looking forward to the next one!

Overall, I'd give Resident Evil: Retribution: 10/10.

I love this franchise so much, definitely my favourite franchise!

No comments:

Post a Comment