Saturday 26 January 2013

The Lorax.

Film: The Lorax.
Director: Chris Renaud & Kyle Balda.

I wanted to see this in the cinema and due to it being a kids film they don't show them past 5pm (annoying!) but having rented it, I'm not heartbroken I didn't spend the money in the cinema.

I usually love films like this but for me, it just fell a little flat. I'm not really sure why, there just didn't seem to be much life in it.

We see The Once-ler doing his thing and destroying the place and Ted saves the day and all is wonderful again and he gets the girl and The Lorax comes back. And there is singing. But it just isn't the film I expected and hope it would be.

I enjoyed the beginning with The Once-ler and The Lorax and Pipsqueak but after that I got bored.

It's got the typical bright colours and bizarre looking scenery like you see in Horton Hears A Who and other similar films and the contrasting Thneedville which has no natural life in it all.

Overall, I'd give The Lorax: 4/10.

I won't see it again, just too.."blah" for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment