Friday 7 December 2012

True Blood: Season 1

Okay, so it's not a film. But I love True Blood!

This is the first season of True Blood and it hooked me immediately; I find the cast quirky and amusing. I especially love the difference between Sookie and her brother Jason; Sookie is sensible and religious (though she doesn't seem to attend church) whereas Jason is a bit simple, a ladies man and tends to dive in headfirst before checking to see if it's safe.
I have to say I much, much prefer the TV series Bill Compton to the book. In the books he's kind of an asshole, whereas in the series he's gentle, softer and all in all a nicer character and far asier to connect to.

I love Eric and Pam and their relationship they bounce off each other and complement one another perfectly. Eric has the strong and silent type of personality which is endearing. And Pam, well she's just awesome! Snide, sarcastic and ridiculously funny she is one of my favourite characters.

Overall the entire series is so easy to follow and the whole Vampire franchise is definitely something I love. I love the supernatural type of films and TV series, they're something I seem to be drawn to as you'll see in the future when I do some reviews of the Underworld and Resident Evil series (both of which I utterly adore, Beckinsale and Jovovich are amazing!)

My favourite character is Lafayette. He is utterly hilarious and so comfortable in his own skin, I love him. His clothing choices are...different, I'll give him that, but they totally suit the character down to the ground!

I would definitely recommend True Blood to anyone who enjoys Vampires and the supernatural. A warning however, lots and lots of sex, probably not something to watch with kids or your mother around!

No comments:

Post a Comment